What are WoodBlocX?
WoodBlocX are a unique, patented system of interlocking timber blocks that can be used to design and create almost any external structure.
The individual BlocX are made from sustainably-sourced, FSC accredited Scots pine and are fitted together using recycled plastic dowels. We proudly harvest and manufacture all timber ourselves which allows us full quality control throughout the production process.
Architects and Landscape Architects can use WoodBlocX to design almost any external structure.
Both large contractors and specialist landscape contractors will save time and effort thanks to the simplicity and speed of construction of WoodBlocX.
Owners or managers of offices, student accommodation, housing or public sector developments can choose WoodBlocX to add a special touch to external space.
What can be built with WoodBlocX?
Build attractive, strong raised planting beds, planters, ponds, retaining walls, street furniture and more.
Naturally beautiful large wooden planters are a brilliant choice for outdoor commercial planting. WoodBlocX create a striking finish naturally, or painted to match the location or planting palette can make them blend seamlessly into any surroundings.
Each of our large wooden planters is manufactured in house at our sawmill in the Highlands of Scotland, made from sustainably sourced scots pine from the forests in our area. Our commercial wood planters are ideal for landscape designers, as their modular design allows for designs unachievable with sleepers and especially suited to those hard to access areas.
Our UK sourced timber planters are a natural and sustainable answer to large-scale container gardening. Our system is perfect for large solid wood planters on a restaurant patio, the rooftop terrace or podium of a high rise building, or as a secluded seating area and break out space. And when large wood planter boxes come pre-treated and with our 15 year guarantee, there’s no need to look to other materials as a replacement for the real thing.
Commercial wood planters, can be developed in height up to 1050mm and with our system can be built into any length required. The size and strength of these large containers also makes them a sturdy choice for heavier planting loads including trees and shrubs with large root balls.
You can see a selection of the kind of projects which WoodBlocX have been used for over in our Projects section. Click here to take a look.
Why choose WoodBlocX?
- Complete freedom of design
- Create one-off structures to complement the setting
- Bespoke street furniture can be created
- BIM ready files can be supplied
- NBS specs also available
- Pressure treated timber
- WoodBlocX construction method gives an inherently strong structure
- Will not distort, bend or collapse
- 15 year guarantee on any structure
- 20 year design life
Ease of installation
- Easy to build – modular system fits together with interlocking dowels
- Fast to build – no power tools or specialist skills
- Light and easy to handle
- No foundations needed
- No waste – each order comes with the number of components required
- Locally-sourced FSC certified timber
- Made in the UK
- TRADA member
- An informal 30 – 45 minute session for you or your team. We are flexible with times.
- Company focused – Invite a group of employees to take part in a workshop at your offices, tailored to your needs.
- Project focused – We can tailor the content of our current CPD to suit your ongoing projects. Get in touch to discuss further.
How soon can I get it?
- We can visualise designs within 48 hours
- We hold stock of WoodBlocX all year round
- Delivery on a 48 hour lead time
- Bespoke finishes generally available with three weeks
- Our project management team are on hand 365 days a year to answer your questions